In recent years, Steve has worked on projects mapping groundwater bodies, using modern geophysics, modelling and pumping tests. Also working with sustainable abstraction and estimating climate change impact in Denmark and in in Eastern Europe.
Steve has +25 years of management and project experience including groundwater, environmental and wastewater issues, i.e. groundwater control and management of potable water catchments, groundwater resources management, protection and remediation, as well as water and wastewater treatment. In addition to this, Steve has been involved in several projects regarding public administration and resourcing of municipal services. He has worked 7 years for the County of Fyn as an administrator of the county water resources in relation to implementing the Water Framework Directive, including the development of a methodology to characterise groundwater bodies as good or bad.
Since the late 80s, Steve has gained a thorough experience in the complete consultancy cycle from initial fact-finding studies to the complete finalisation of studies and implementation of projects related to groundwater resources investigations and soil and groundwater pollution investigations.
Steve has been project manager on many projects, concerning mapping of the Danish groundwater resources for the Danish Ministry of the Environment in connection with WFD implementation and similar mapping of aggregates (sand, gravel and stone) for the regional development of raw materials.
- Groundwater resources investigation and future protection of the resources
- Mapping of geology, hydrogeology, hydrochemistry, geophysics, integrated hydrological modelling and visualisation in 3D as well as identifying vulnerable areas where "action plans" should be adopted
- Hydrogeological and geophysical investigations
- Computer modelling of the complete hydrological cycle (MikeShe) Pollution investigations in landfills and in polluted industrial sites Water supply structure
- Geological description, drilling methods, tender preparation, drilling supervision
- Planning, design, execution and interpretation of pumping tests and other hydraulic tests Geophysical methods and surveys
- Use of groundwater models in assessment of aquifers, safe yield, groundwater lowering
- Environmental Impact Assessments and Social Impact Assessments
- Risk assessments on contaminated sites and landfills
- Assessment of leachate quantity and quality and water balance (and gas) for/from landfills
- Technical assistance for implementation of Flood Risk Management Plan for Odense Fjord
- Implementation of AQUIS Kerteminde Water Supply Kerteminde Forsyning - Vand A/S, Denmark
- Technical Assistance for strengthening the institutional capacities for approximation and implementation of environmental legislation in the area of water management EuropeAid/132108/D/SER/MK, fyROM
- Environmental Impact Assessment for the TBT (Thomas B. Thriges gade) project in Odense.
- Groundwater vulnerability mapping Odense Vest
- Social Impact Desktop Study, Kvanefjeld project, Greenland
- (Pre) Environmental Impact Assessment, ISUA Mountain, Greenland
- Assistance to the privatization of Bucharest Water and Sanitation, Romania
- Waste management in Bulgaria Vratza-Mestra region, Bulgaria
- Improvement of groundwater supply situation and identification of groundwater protection zones for well fields in Pleven, Bulgaria